This page contains links to other Internet sites. City of Preston Philatelic Society is not responsible for the content of any external Internet sites. These links are not endorsements of any products or services shown at those sites, and no information on any of the sites has been endorsed or approved by City of Preston Philatelic Society.
Great Britain Philatelic Society www.gbps.org.uk
- The GBPS holds eight meetings a year, with major GB dealers in attendance.
- Experts in each reign are willing to help members with their queries.
- The Society has a large collection of books that are accessible to members by post.
- The GBPS holds an annual conference at a different location in the UK each year.
Royal Philatelic Society www.rpsl.org.uk
- The Society has a worldwide membership of several thousand, most of whom are established philatelists.
- Whilst most of the programme of talks and displays are given at their premises in London, regional events are also held throughout the UK each year.
- The Society has an excellent library, in which all major philatelic books and journals may be found. Many of these are available for loan to members.
- One of the important facilities available to both members and non-members is the Royal’s expert service, which provides validation certificates for both stamps and other philatelic items for a standard fee.
North West Federation of Philatelic Societies http://nwfedps.uk/
- The NW Federation website contains links to all the affiliated societies in the North West region.
- Lists of specialist philatelic speakers are also made available.
The Association of British Philatelic Societies http://www.abps.org.uk
- Caters for the needs of collectors through the Federations and local societies and those interested in philately.
- Membership of the Association falls into various categories being Federations, Specialist, National and Local Societies and Overseas Societies.
- To assist in the organisation of an annual congress which acts as a national focus for philately within the British Isles.
- Issues a quarterly journal, ABPS News, which publicises the work of affiliated Federations and Societies at a local and national level and reports on developments within philately.
British Thematic Association https://www.britishthematic.org.uk/
A national association for stamp collectors, philatelists and postcard collectors who like to collect ‘thematically’, that is following a chosen theme (e.g. ships, birds, medicinal plants) or relating a story (e.g. the development of the bicycle or the history of flight).
British Library – Philately https://www.bl.uk/subjects/philately
- The British Library houses the National Philatelic Collections of the United Kingdom. The collections were established in 1891 and about 50 important collections or archives are held. It is one of the world’s most important centres for philatelic research.
- The total holdings consist of over eight million items representing almost all countries and periods, and include: – postage stamps, revenue stamps, postal history, airmails, booklets, railway letter stamps, postal stationery, telegraph stamps, local and private posts, ‘cinderella’ material including poster stamps and philatelic literature.
Gibbons Stamp Monthly https://www.stanleygibbons.com/publishing/gibbons-stamp-monthly
Stamp Magazine https://www.stampmagazine.co.uk/
Stamp Collector https://www.allaboutstamps.co.uk/